Friday, August 28, 2009

Life in Twin Falls

Ok, so I know that I have been a slacker about blogging, but really my life isn't that exciting! I have had a lot of fun here in Twin Falls with my new roommates (Tessa in the middle and Abby on the right). School started on the 24th, and has gone good so far. We're having a BBQ today for all the Ag. programs with relays and everything, so my classes were cancelled for the day! Woohoo! I'm thinking the semester is going to get very busy though, as I'm taking 17 credits. yikes! It will be fun though, I'm really excited for my classes.

This is a picture of my textbooks so far...I still have about three more to get!
And this is my pet fish, Sushi. I got the name from Lindy who got it from Missy. He is a very pretty betta, but is also camera-shy. After the first time the flash went off, he would start swimming around all crazy when I brought the camera up to take another picture, so this is the best one I got. He is mostly red with blue on his throat, and lots of diferent shades of pinks and purple on his body, and white tips on his fins. Maybe he'll get a friend one day :)


Dannika came over last night and we made some Banana Chip Muffins. They were sooo yummy!! (The recipe is in the family cookbook from Dan & Jill). Then we watched The Guardian and just chilled. I can't wait to get to see Matthew again in a couple weeks!!! Everyone cross your fingers that I get to go, and don't have to stay here!



6 comments:

Evans Family said...

Glad to see you are having fun! Good luck with classes...don't forget to call every now and then. :)

Justin and Carissa said...

Wahoo, you updated your blog! Sounds like life is treating you good so far. Good luck with your classes; just stay on top of things from the beginning and you will be fine. Why would you have to stay and not come see Matthew?

Justin and Carissa said...

Oh ya-your fish looks pretty sweet. Everybody needs a good pet.

Anonymous said...

Wow! i'm surprised your fish isn't dead yet!! Congratulations! Hope your first week of school was good. mine starts on monday.

Lindy

Anonymous said...

You should have told everyone how much that little stack of books cost you. Holy Cow! that will be something to remember. I remember when like $200 and something sounded outrageous for books. PS I had a black goldfish in college for a pet. His name was Herman. He had a few close calls but survived for one semester. Love Ya

Unknown said...

haha, mom, that "little stack of books" is as tall as my foot though its kind of hard to tell from the picture. But in case anyone was wondering it has already cost me $565.00 for those, plus another couple i have to get this week. Ya, I hadn't planned on that :)