We had a guy come to AI our goats that is an internationally known reproduction specialist. He gets hired by people in other countries to come and AI their animals, and we got lucky enough to have him come give us a demonstration. He gave a very good presentation about general reproduction, and how the AI works and everything. This is a picture of the laparoscope in place. He used a camera to look inside the abdomen and actually inject directly into the ovaries. I thought it was very fascinating....and I'm sure you all agree with me :) JK.
I love pictures of sleeping babies....especially when the baby is my nephew!
Haha, such dorks :)
This was at our large animal anesthesia lab, we got to put our pony Astro to sleep for a few minutes, and roll him around on the ground a little bit, and practice different positioning techniques. It was kind of nerve racking at first to be so close to his legs when he was on his back, because being around an awake horse like this would probably be death....or at least a few broken bones.
floating teeth...say "AAAHh"
Gretchen a little loopy from the sedative...I sure do love my classmates :)
Doing blood draws on a pig...just be glad you can't hear this picture.
So Dr. Rockett (standing on the table with a camera) and one of the other Ag teachers has a my-horse-is-bigger-than-your-horse competition going on at the moment, and Dr. Pate (the guy in the purple gloves) told Rockett that he could milk anything with teats. So she took him up on the challenge and brought our mice to class one day. He won.
This was a sign we passed at the caft fair...me and Richelle stopped told vendor what we thought about this sign. Haha, he said that he actually is a BSU fan, but signs like those sell like crazy, so he makes them. That guy needs to have a little more moral courage I think.
This is our new adventure at breeding mice. We are trying to raise them instead of buying them already dead to feed to our red-tailed hawk. We have about 14 babies at the moment and 3 adult females. They all like to spend most of their time in this little tube in the cage, and here is a picture of about 7 of them trying to all come out at once. One of the moms is on top of the tube. It actually is pretty cute, they're so small, I wouldn't mind them if they didn't stink so darn bad. To give you an idea of size, the babies are only about as long as my middle finger from nose to the tip of their tail, and the mom is only as big as my palm from tip to tip.
So the truth finally comes out....this is really what our program is all about....slavery. Haha, jk. We are trying to clean everything up because we have people from AVMA coming next week to renew our accredidation. So everything has to be cleaned up and ship-shape. This chariot needed moved and we didn't have anything to hook it up to a truck. So we pulled it :) AFter this picture, Allie got out and helped me pull while Kelsey got in and took more pictures.
We had to bring some buckets full of dirt to try and dry up the horse pen where there was standing water by the trough. I got to drive the tractor for a few loads and then I switched with Ally. This is where I rode on our way to the dirt pile. I love tractors :) And I do have to say that I'm a natural at driving those things.So here are the videos I told you about, they were taken less than 1 min apart, and the horn came off about 3 sec. after the second video ends. Glad it was her and not me.

4 comments:
Hahaha! This is awesome Jacque! I didn't know you did so much with animals. You're a brave one!
So this is bad, I have Alden's address somewhere...but usually just email him! So I can tell you his email is alden.simmons@myldsmail.net - hope that helps!
Your life is so adventurous. Some day we are going to have to come down when you can give us a tour of this place. I love your posts and all the pictures. Could live without all the text language ie. jk, haha, etc.
Okay I really want to go through your post picture by picture and tell you what came to mind because I quite enjoyed all of them. So here goes (at least for most of them):
#1 I see what you mean now about the nasty rainbow painting on the wall
#2 No need to give you the sex talk someday before you get married
#3 I love my sleeping baby too.
#6 I love how in this picture, and all of the pictures, there are a bunch of girls man-handling huge animals and tractors. Way to go girls!
#12 I think I should buy that Boise State sign for Justin just because I would love to hear the rant that would follow. I agree about him needing more moral courage : )
#14 Loving the coveralls; would it be rude to say you look like Grandpa Koyle?
#15 But that headband is super cute and you are one hot mamma!
Videos: again a lovely video of girls sawing off a cow's horns. Somehow I think the video would sound a little different with a bunch of boys.
Always love your updates. You are one awesome chick. I want to come too on the little tour of your adventures.
Post a Comment